Many people wonder why these accessories are needed at all? It is safe to say that without cushions sofas would look much worse. Decorative cushions play a kind of role of representatives of the style of the room, that is, with the help of them you can understand the style of the room as a whole. Any interior design can be easily identified by showing the characteristics of the interior genre. Below we will look at some genres in detail.
- Oriental style. This style is characterized by multicolored patterns, ornaments, and a large number of inscriptions on all fabric surfaces. All this can be found on fabric surfaces, such surfaces look very dynamic and attractive, detailing the feeling of the East.
- Such styles as country style, ethnic style are very specific. Decorative cushions should be chosen so that they create a sense of being in nature. A great solution would be to buy pillowcases made from natural plants – linen, chintz, cotton. The simplicity of such interior genres can be beautifully emphasized by placing appropriate patterns on the pillows – embroidery in the form of wildflowers and other plants.
- Modern styles of interior design provide the use of a large number of decorative cushions, which fit harmoniously into the room. A characteristic feature of this variant of the interior is that the cushions should echo with the accessories or elements of the decor around.
For example, excellent looking monochrome cushions and Roman blinds in the same color. If there are a large number of graphic items in the room, it is advisable to buy pillowcases with a photo print. You can also take a closer look at turquoise throw pillow.
Styles and types of decorative pillows are so diverse that it is not difficult to find a suitable option for a particular interior. Therefore, decorative pillows are an essential element of quality and attractive interior. A wide range of such products allows you to change the interior every day, making small but important adjustments to it.
What cushions are better not to buy
Here we will consider what cushions are better to refuse to buy and what this position is.
- Cushions made of the same fabric as the sofa upholstery. Quite often these very decorative cushions are sold in a set with the sofa. But, truth be told, they look very dull, because they merge with the color of the sofa and do not give any special features. And also this option is definitely out of fashion, so if you still have such accessories, then get rid of them as soon as possible.
- Cushions made of the same fabric as the curtains. Another very popular, but out of fashion design option for sofa cushions. As experts say, decorative cushions made of the same material as curtains or curtains, greatly spoil the interior and look completely boring.
- All cushions are simple and uniform. If one strives for minimalism, this does not mean that the room should have a sense of monotony and routine. It is still better to buy fewer products, but if they are different, it will create a good contrast and will look clearly more fun. For example, you can buy coral cushions.